Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HSW Design Proposal: New Massing

For Project 2, the layout of the spaces are separated and connected by pathway. So, it is some sort of individual spaces. From the given result, the idea is not really representing the 'CONTAINER OF CONNECTION' and I might have to produce other alternatives which more representing the idea.

The result from re-think and re-considering between the idea's meaning and the metaphor is an understanding that Container is something that dense and enclosed between each other. Thus, Container is a massive thing that contains lots of things PUT TOGETHER, which from my core concept are Connection to Social, Nature and Sustainability.

Well, it is not supposed to sit as individual space.



2D EXPLANATION
figure 1
A some changes of placement, I made it more enclosed between each other. The pathway and open spaces are taken out first because it can be considered later.


figure 2
My idea is to make the Indoor Exhibition Hall 1 facing the river, Indoor Exhibition Hall 2 facing the parkland and Indoor Presentation Space should get the view of parkland and cliff (as they represents the Nature). Thus, to maintain the dense between spaces I reckon to keep the spaces connected symmetrically.


figure 3
The spaces still connected around the edges. So, to make it more enclosed, I moved the Indoor Presentation Space & Indoor Exhibition Hall 1 a bit closer so now it's connected around the surface.


figure 4
I try to experiment with pushing the Indoor Exhibition Hall 2 so it will intersect with Indoor Presentation Space & Indoor Exhibition Hall 1. To comply with the volume of the space, I moved the volume of the 'lost' space as much as the intersection itself. Special for Indoor Presentation Space, I move the whole 1st Story just to make it a bit different.


figure 5


After that, I put the Open Spaces and Pathway to see if it's fit with the site and facility. The Entry location is still the same as before because I want to create the experience of 'walking with nature' before entering my facility. 



3D EXPLANATION
figure 6

figure 7
The Lunch Area will be located around pathway (YELLOW COLOR) as the place for socializing around the facility and the site. This lunch area is also the idea of SOCIAL CONNECTION, where people can gather and form a social community.

figure 8
The Outdoor Exhibition Area is actually an extension from the indoor. So the people are continuing from digital exhibition into real exhibition.

figure 9

I propose that the building should have opening in order to connect the outside world to the inside. My imagination reckon the usage of large opening between the interface of the building and outdoor.




No comments:

Post a Comment