Tuesday, April 3, 2012

FOLIE TO BUILDING DEVELOPMENT 1

Design: Environmental Education Center for Children


1. BASE IDEAS (FROM FOLIE): CURIOSITY - DISCOVERY - UNDERSTANDING
CURIOSITY
I would like to stimulate Curiosity through unique and interesting shapes of the building.


DISCOVERY
Engaging discovering activities through different environmental aspects on the site (River View, Trees, Parklands, Wind Breeze).

UNDERSTANDING
Providing understanding stage through education room provided, where they can bring what they have discovered, either stuffs like branch of trees, grass, insects, water, dust, or even more sophisticated such as photographs. In order to be educated about nature, I believe the best way to do it is to connect them directly with nature.


2. CORE CONCEPT: TO CONNECT DIRECTLY WITH NATURE
I believe children has lots of questions in their minds. They have wild sense of discovering something without any shy and fear. They want to put any efforts as long as they can answer their curiosity. Now, I'm here to facilitate them.

I was a shy person but wild, by means that I would like to running wild answering questions that haven't been answered (at least in my mind). But somehow, no one cares and no one ever facilitate me with any spirits. So, sometimes I just don't know where to go.

On the other hand, my childhood was very 'childy'. I know what is good to be played and I know what is great to be done. For me, my childhood is the moment that makes me glorious like today. Or in other words, my childhood was great! And I believe I am the right person for this project.


3. TO CONNECT DIRECTLY WITH NATURE BY INTERACTIVE LEARNING PROCESS
Interactive learning process is a learning process through direct action - reaction. It can be done with our 5 senses. Interactive learning is good for children because they will tend to absorb and understand more clearly and will remember it most of the times, thus it will be considered as their experience.

I will design the aspects of the building through 5 senses.
1. See
2. Hear
3. Smell
4. Taste
5. Feel / Touch

Recent application
1. See: the physical form of trees, grass, flowers, blue sky, animals or anything that relates to natural environment.
2. Hear: Wind breeze, water sounds, animals sounds, audible nature sounds.
3. Smell: The scent of trees, waters, insects, rock, soil.
4. Taste: The honey from flowers.
5. Feel / Touch: The wind flow, touch the texture of trees, branches, soil, water, insects and can be brought as their reference.


SITE
Recent condition from HSW site. (Red: Ground space - Green: Trees & Cliffs - Blue: River - Yellow: Street)

After I take out the background, it will come up something like this which more like series of layers.

As the recent development design, Those series of layers will be included in the design derived from it's priority.


No comments:

Post a Comment